12-28-08, 06:17 PM   #1
drpndstroy
A Kobold Labourer
Question absolute nuub to UI...

I've seen several minimalistic compilations that really intrigued me, but non that i have seen contain ALL the aspects I'm looking for.

I want simplistic frames with a splash of art which i intend to do myself. and I want block style letters, yada yada yada...

I'm just looking for general guidance or a basic how to's that will point me in the right direction.
12-29-08, 06:41 AM   #2
joeba18
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by drpndstroy View Post
I've seen several minimalistic compilations that really intrigued me, but non that i have seen contain ALL the aspects I'm looking for.

I want simplistic frames with a splash of art which i intend to do myself. and I want block style letters, yada yada yada...

I'm just looking for general guidance or a basic how to's that will point me in the right direction.
if you want to add art then your want to use a addon like kgpanels
12-29-08, 11:18 AM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'd recommend Skinner for the simple frames (can you child the frames in Skinner?) and various other uses it has. I used to use it because it removed so much art, gave a viewport, bottom panel, multiple other panels if needed, and was fairly easy to use for my knowledge level.

If you know anything about coding, you might want to try oUF for unit frames, there are a few layouts to choose from, you'd just have to code your own locations if you wanted to move them.

Everything is just preference, maybe look at something on http://www.vranx.com/index.htm . It looks to be pretty thorough with updated mod information and a few "how tos" as well.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » absolute nuub to UI...