10-26-09, 06:46 AM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

carbonite-guest helper, lightheaded

My pc freeze sometimes in some "big" situations and i want to know, generally, if is good to use these 3 addon togheter carbonite, guest helper, lightheaded? Carbonite show guests on his own map and quest helper too on the main map, cant be a conflict etc?
How i disable guesting stuff from carbonite, i mean to not me active totally? in options they havent a clear option for that

Last edited by xromania™ : 10-26-09 at 07:51 AM.
10-26-09, 08:25 AM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'd recommend not running questhelper or carbonite together. They both run their scripts multiple times per second, and if I recall correctly, you can set both to use less updating based on wich zone. Ask the authors for help on this

Lightheaded only causes overhead when you view a quest for the first time when you see it after loading.
10-26-09, 09:00 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you have Carbonite, there is no reason to use QuestHelper or Lightheaded. Carbonite takes the place of both.
10-26-09, 10:56 AM   #4
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
If you have Carbonite, there is no reason to use QuestHelper or Lightheaded. Carbonite takes the place of both.
thx good answers. But carbonite have a options to show guests like guest helper on the normal map, not on his own map? - wich is awesome but i dont like to scroll so much
10-28-09, 08:19 PM   #5
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

back to this post because i noticed something wrong:
carbonite havent lightheaded features (comments for guests), why u guys post wrong answers if you dont know
10-28-09, 10:24 PM   #6
ufgunk
A Defias Bandit

carbonite takes care of it all!

You need to take some time and read up on carbonite! There are plenty of guides and youtube demos, read them and watch them. Also take the time to play with every setting possible with carbonite, its worth the time.

Carbonite has a built in quest watcher and tracking hud, exactly what quest helper gives.

Carbonite also displays everthing you need to know about every quest possible right on the map/minimized map, replacing lightheaded.

Running all three addons just eats up the addon memory usage as well as causes confilcts between addons, its not recommended, if you have read the carbonite forum threads and such.

Carbonite is by far the best all in one questing addon out there. If you take the time to figure out how to use it properly and set it up the way you like.

The simplest answer to your question and freezing problems is only use carbonite.
10-29-09, 06:31 AM   #7
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

hm ok thanks ill check again when i have time, if u say carbonite have comments for quests, and ill come back with new question probably later
10-29-09, 11:25 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post

carbonite havent lightheaded features (comments for guests), why u guys post wrong answers if you dont know
Because Carbonite takes you directly to the Quest Objective. Why do you need Lightheaded to read comments about where a quest is at when Carbonite takes you there? Quest explanations are not needed as Blizzard supplies them for you. For the handful that do not, you can easily look it up on WoWHead or Thottbot. Lightheaded is not needed.

I use to use Cartographer and Lightheaded. I found Carbonite shortly after it became a paid addon. Ditched Cartographer and Lightheaded as they both became obsolete.
10-29-09, 12:03 PM   #9
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Thumbs up IMO perfect companions Carbonite and Lightheaded

Because Carbonite takes you directly to the Quest Objective. Why do you need Lightheaded to read comments about where a quest is at when Carbonite takes you there? Quest explanations are not needed as Blizzard supplies them for you. For the handful that do not, you can easily look it up on WoWHead or Thottbot. Lightheaded is not needed.

I use to use Cartographer and Lightheaded. I found Carbonite shortly after it became a paid addon. Ditched Cartographer and Lightheaded as they both became obsolete.
OK it's simple really, while carbonite does an extremely good job with questing info and locations. Sometimes I've run into them being off by some amount. Likely a slight change by blizzard, or a random patrol path not shown as a path and only a spot.

Lightheaded also does something Carbonite does NOT do. COMMENTS BY OTHERS ABOUT THE QUEST. Is a suggested 3man quest soloable for instance. Having trouble beating down a quest kill, well again tips for beating something also found in lightheaded. Also I've ran into a few quest info's missing(not often and commend Carbonite authors on an overall great product). I know i should report them so they can be fixed, but i consider them minor and since it's no longer subscription < supported, i figure they have less time to commit to updating minor things.

IMO perfect companions Carbonite and Lightheaded(i dont use tomtom as cabonite fills its job nicely)
10-29-09, 05:15 PM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tithulta View Post
OK it's simple really, while carbonite does an extremely good job with questing info and locations. Sometimes I've run into them being off by some amount. Likely a slight change by blizzard, or a random patrol path not shown as a path and only a spot.

Lightheaded also does something Carbonite does NOT do. COMMENTS BY OTHERS ABOUT THE QUEST. Is a suggested 3man quest soloable for instance. Having trouble beating down a quest kill, well again tips for beating something also found in lightheaded. Also I've ran into a few quest info's missing(not often and commend Carbonite authors on an overall great product). I know i should report them so they can be fixed, but i consider them minor and since it's no longer subscription < supported, i figure they have less time to commit to updating minor things.

IMO perfect companions Carbonite and Lightheaded(i dont use tomtom as cabonite fills its job nicely)
We can agree to disagree. I've found that those times come so few and far between that it doesn't justify the use of Lightheaded.
10-30-09, 09:03 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

We can agree to disagree. I've found that those times come so few and far between that it doesn't justify the use of Lightheaded.
However, for someone just starting out, or new to the area they are questing in, or just not a master tactician, LightHeaded's quest comments just might be invaluable. I've found them to, quite often, give you tips or tricks to help you get your quest done.

Just my opinion. And, as we all know, opinions are like................. Well, everybody has one.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-30-09 at 09:09 PM. Reason: More blah-blah-blah.
10-30-09, 09:54 PM   #12
Sintacks
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post

This...

LightHeaded is always a nice addon to keep around. Even if you rarely use it. Sometimes, you just can't figure out what you're doing wrong, and it saves you having to tab to WoWhead.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » carbonite-guest helper, lightheaded