06-04-11, 01:35 PM   #1
gregor m.
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs down Cartographer Notes with Carbonite

I played WoW for several years, accumulated many notes in Cartographer. I stopped playing or a few years, got Carbonite and see it has an option in Favorites to import Cartographer Notes. However, it doesn't...says "Cartographer Notes not found".

It is certainly possible I deleted old stuff when I resumed play but I have backups of everything. I'd really like to get my notes back [for lowbie alts]...can someone tell me what files) I need and where they should go?

06-04-11, 10:30 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
there would have been some cartographer.lua files in the various SavedVariables folders in your wow/wtf folder. If you can recover them and put them in your current SavedVariables folders, you might be able to extract the data for which you're looking.

06-05-11, 09:28 AM   #3
gregor m.
A Defias Bandit
I did extract all Cartographer files - both those in Addons and the various saved variable files - and stuck them where they should be. Carbonite still won't import the Cartographer notes.

I know they exist, I can read them in Cartographer.lua in "saved variables".

What's up with this, Carbonite?

06-05-11, 12:19 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Well, I'm not Carbonite, but...

It may well be that the files you have are in a very old format that Carbonite does not recognize. In which case you're probably SOL.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Cartographer Notes with Carbonite