03-17-06, 04:12 PM   #1
Czarownik
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Multiline editbox properties

I noticed that if I create Multiline Editbox (from default skin), none of the assigned scripts on it work, because they're being placed in the <ScrollFrame> instead of actual <EditBox>.

For example if I Make an editbox called $parentEdit, and place a script in <OnEscapePressed>, it's the <ScrollFrame name="$parentEdit"> that actually gets the script, not <EditBox name="$parentEdit">.

-cz
03-18-06, 04:08 AM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

My bad, the next release will expose scripts on the editbox object through the Sub Frame selector on the script editor. You can do this yourself for now by
placing

Code:
<ScriptSubFrame name="$parentEdit" />
on line 268 (or within the Script tag of the Multi-Line edit control).
04-01-06, 03:30 PM   #3
Czarownik
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nulkris
[font=Verdana]the next release will expose scripts on the editbox object through the Sub Frame selector on the script editor.
Hey Nulkris,

I see that that the <ScriptSubFrame> has been added to default skin, but it appears that the scripts still don't work (the 2 scripts I tried were OnEscapePressed and OnMouseDown). Is there anything else I should do? I did edit my XML form manually and moved the scripts to <Editbox...>, but as soon as I re-load the form in WoWUides and save it, I get an error in WoW.

Thanks!
05-29-06, 04:23 PM   #4
ranx
A Defias Bandit
Don't know if it is worth mentioning, but I solve the problem with not being able to clear focus by addind autoFocus="false" to the EditBox within the multiline box. Without that, it just kept getting focus when I did clear focus in OnEscapePressed.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Multiline editbox properties