04-16-13, 04:58 PM   #1
abacabblol
A Kobold Labourer
SantaUI help

okay, i recently downloaded santa ui. i really love the way it makes my interface look, especially with the texture pack. However, without an in-game configuration menu, its proven very difficult for me to edit it exactly the way i want.

Can anyone give me some tips or suggestions? i dont exactly know how to move my unit frames, i mean i changed the positions but its not an x - y coordinate, so i'm basically just putting numbers there and hoping for the best.
04-16-13, 05:23 PM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by abacabblol View Post
okay, i recently downloaded santa ui. i really love the way it makes my interface look, especially with the texture pack. However, without an in-game configuration menu, its proven very difficult for me to edit it exactly the way i want.

Can anyone give me some tips or suggestions? i dont exactly know how to move my unit frames, i mean i changed the positions but its not an x - y coordinate, so i'm basically just putting numbers there and hoping for the best.
I'm not using the specific UI but from a quick look at the code it only supports 2 preset locations for the unitframes with a minor edit.
If you would want to move them to another place you'd have to do more extensive edits.

But let's start with the simple case.
Open the SantaUI\UnitFrames.lua in a text editor (best if you use a proper editor like Notepad++ / SciTE / Sublime Text)
At the top you'll find a block of text that looks like this
Code:
-- CONFIGURATION ----------------------------------
local unitframes_position = 0
-- 0. Top left position (SantaUI default)
-- 1. Bottom centered unitframes
-- 2. Blizzard default unitframes
local target_mana_number = true
-- END OF CONFIG ----------------------------------
Change the first line to
Code:
local unitframes_position = 1
save the file and /reload the game or relog.
The unitframes should now be moved to bottom-centered.

Note that I'm not using this UI and looking at the version available on wowinterface the last update was for WoW 4.x.
That's not to say it won't work if you check "load out of date" but there's no guarantee.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SantaUI help