11-24-10, 11:43 AM   #1
Xiiph
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Request/rewrite: Item Stat Coloring (StatStain)

A mod called StatStain, written somewhere in 2007 by Nymbia (abandoned in 2008), could do with some love.
It has the requested features, being able to color the various stats of an item. But unfortunately it does not work properly anymore.

Im a mod-o-holic at consumer level and love this addon, but unfortunately its now facing bigger issues than a simple noob (me) adding a line of text here and there can fix.

Why Im posting
I basically wonder if anyone would like the challenge of sorting this mess out, or rewriting it, making a new addon with similar functionality?
I think it would end up as a pretty small addon and a quick job for anyone with the correct skills (not me).

You can download it from its old WoW Interface page here

What it does
It allows the user to specify which colors to use for the various stats in item tooltips (including other mods tooltips, at least it used to...).
Here is a picture to describe it.

Some of the bugs (if you would be interested in fixing it instead of rewriting)
- It causes tooltip information coming from other addons to be duplicated.
- The configuring of colors (settings) is broken.
- Some tooltip data is no longer being parsed and/or matched, meaning it fails to recognize and color those stats.
11-25-10, 09:52 AM   #2
Xiiph
A Murloc Raider

After posting both here and at WoWAce, noticing the interest in this addon (or lack there of), I decided to rewrite it my self.

It works like a charm now
11-25-10, 11:01 AM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Did you post a update and or upload it?
11-25-10, 01:49 PM   #4
Xiiph
A Murloc Raider

Short answer:
No.

Long answer:
As it seemed nobody were interested in such an addon, and as Im not an addon author, I made it with a single user in mind.

I based it upon ReforgedTooltip by emelio over at WowAce.
As mentioned above it works "like a charm" for what I need and want from it.

More tweaking might and will probably be necessary but I update it whenever I notice something is missing.

On top of this, as it was only intended for my private use, there is no localization other than enUS.

If, despite all this, somebody out there would want a copy of it; either for sorting out my code or for using it themselves, then I will of course upload it.
11-25-10, 11:05 PM   #5
Hetzaklek
A Defias Bandit
I would love to see this uploaded, as far as I've looked there is no replacement for it, nothing to color the stats of items. The cata patch broke this mod and is now (after 3 years of use and no updates or errors) throwing errors all over my screen lol. It still colors the basic attributes such as Stamina/Agility but everything else has been defaulted green because it no longer exists (StatStain still works on damage and healing, as shown in that picture as yellow, now the color is green because it's now just "Spellpower" as +healing has been removed and StatStain doesn't recognize it).

Thanks in advance if you do decide to upload a working version, I'm sure all of the fans of this mod will love you. In fact there are a few people definitely looking for an update on the original mods comment page.
11-26-10, 09:04 AM   #6
Xiiph
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Hetzaklek View Post
I would love to see this uploaded, as far as I've looked there is no replacement for it, nothing to color the stats of items. The cata patch broke this mod and is now (after 3 years of use and no updates or errors) throwing errors all over my screen lol. It still colors the basic attributes such as Stamina/Agility but everything else has been defaulted green because it no longer exists (StatStain still works on damage and healing, as shown in that picture as yellow, now the color is green because it's now just "Spellpower" as +healing has been removed and StatStain doesn't recognize it).

Thanks in advance if you do decide to upload a working version, I'm sure all of the fans of this mod will love you. In fact there are a few people definitely looking for an update on the original mods comment page.
Im currently out of town (out of country, really), but I will upload my rewrite when I return after the weekend.
I would be glad to help those of you who appreciated StatStain and now find yourself lost.

Keep an eye out for a mod called ShinyStats!
11-26-10, 03:21 PM   #7
Hetzaklek
A Defias Bandit
Can't wait!
11-29-10, 03:34 PM   #8
Xiiph
A Murloc Raider

Be the first to download it!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request/rewrite: Item Stat Coloring (StatStain)