11-04-10, 04:39 PM   #1
Paprika
A Black Drake
Disable 'Minimap is drawn above icons' is not working anymore

-Disable 'Minimap is drawn above icons' is not working anymore. Before this whole 4.x.x-thing, i did as i described in this post:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...65&postcount=8
and everything was perfectly fine.

I cleared out my interface-folder and began to build up my UI again from scratch. What i discovered? Mouse-hovering over Carbonite-icons is not working anymore.

Before the whole patching-thing i could do this:

As described in the other thread i used this options:
-Disable 'Minimap docks always'
-Disable 'Minimap is drawn above icons'
-Set Minimap-Transparency to '0.00'

This is not working anymore. I won't mater if i set -Disable 'Minimap is drawn above icons' or not. It will always be drawn above the Icons.

11-05-10, 03:31 PM   #2
Paprika
A Black Drake
Could someone please respond and just tell me that this issue is acknowledged?

11-06-10, 12:36 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is working fine for me. The only way I can make it do as you describe is to check 'Minimap is drawn above icons'. Make sure it is off.

Also press the ctrl key and see if it toggles the minimap above the icons or below the icons. It should move above the icons.

Also try disabling all other addons to see if any are moving the minimap level.

11-06-10, 02:11 PM   #4
Paprika
A Black Drake
I disabled all other addons and checked that 'Minimap is drawn above icons' is not ticked. Then i toggle the minimap fullsize, as i did before the patch and this is what i get as a result:

As you can see i can use the tracking-abilities (In this case: Track humanoids), but the tooltip is missing, mouse-hovering is not working.
CTRL moves the minimap above the icons.

I think it has to do with the full-size-option for the minimap.
Disabling full-size is eventually fixing this behaviour. At least it just did as i tried this.
Maybe that's a starting point for you.

Last edited by Paprika : 11-06-10 at 02:16 PM.

11-09-10, 12:33 PM   #5
Paprika
A Black Drake
Nearly 200 views and no answers? Someone may have at least checked if they ran into the same issues, if they used my configuration. So if anyone wants to try:
-Merge Carbonite map and Blizzards minimap
=>Full-size minimap
=>Full minimap-transparency
=>Disable 'Minimap is drawn above icons'

Now try hovering of one of Carbonites own icons.

Common people, don't leave me hanging

11-09-10, 01:14 PM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I believe most of those views are from people who see that the thread has a new reply, and either view it to mark it as read, or check to see if there's anything new to add based on added information. In the case of the latter, most of them are surely disappointed that you're just bumping your own thread several times per day by deleting your last post and adding a new one, with exactly the same text and purpose.

Jus' sayin'.

11-09-10, 03:35 PM   #7
Paprika
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
I believe most of those views are from people who see that the thread has a new reply, and either view it to mark it as read, or check to see if there's anything new to add based on added information. In the case of the latter, most of them are surely disappointed that you're just bumping your own thread several times per day by deleting your last post and adding a new one, with exactly the same text and purpose. Jus' sayin'.
I added new information and it's not so hard to try that out or just give me a respond and a screenshot to proof. "enUS-client, <screenshot>, working". Maybe it's some problem with the language of my WoW-installation, how should i know? And if someone is watching this thread, why isn't he helping to isolate the problem? At least i would do this.

Last edited by Paprika : 11-09-10 at 03:37 PM.

11-09-10, 05:07 PM   #8
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Well, it's working just fine for me. Don't have any screenshot, might take one tomorrow.

On enEU, account-wide (15 characters).

Did you try resetting your SavedVariables (by renaming WTF to WTFold)?

Did you try using the Blizzard Repair Tool?

Did you check if your problem is character-based or account-wide?

11-10-10, 01:15 AM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
=>Full-size minimap
=>Full minimap-transparency
That is your problem right there. Full size minimap means make it docked, fill the Carbonite map and draw on top of everything, which you would typically use in an instance that does not have a map, so you can see it better. The default in that mode is fully opaque. If you make it transparent then you are seeing the Carbonite map under it, which is drawn at some other scale, so the dots don't line up.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Disable 'Minimap is drawn above icons' is not working anymore