10-15-10, 03:36 AM   #1
drizza79
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation cant download newest carbonite

hello... i need some help. i have vista home premium on my laptop, and when i try too download newest carbonite i get this error message C:\Users\Eier\AppData\Local\Temp\Carbonite-4.0003-3.zip could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences. what can i do?

10-15-10, 03:39 AM   #2
Moriv
A Murloc Raider
Try to install a compression tool like winrar to open the file.

www.winrar.de

10-15-10, 03:40 AM   #3
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

It sounds like your file association is broken for the .zip format. Please save the file to your desktop, then right-click on it, and select. "Extract all...'

If that does not solve your problem please reply saying so.

If you must choose a compression tool please choose and open source and free one:

http://www.7-zip.org/

WinRAR is shareware and will persist on notifying you that you need to buy their product.

10-15-10, 03:55 AM   #4
drizza79
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation still got a problem

well i still cant download it i still get the message C:\Users\Eier\AppData\Local\Temp\Carbonite-4.0003-6.zip could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.

Last edited by drizza79 : 10-15-10 at 03:57 AM.

10-15-10, 05:01 AM   #5
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by drizza79 View Post
well i still cant download it i still get the message C:\Users\Eier\AppData\Local\Temp\Carbonite-4.0003-6.zip could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.
First of please choose the option to save the file, preferably to your desktop or another easily accessable location.

Second are you using MAC OS or Windows?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » cant download newest carbonite