07-11-10, 03:44 PM   #1
AmeL
A Murloc Raider

Question Addon help

Hi guys.

Found this add-on which seems to be outdated. I installed it it seems to work fine does what the author says it would do. The only problem is that the fonts are small and blurry, so its difficult to make out. Just was wondering if any of you LUA programmers out there might want to take a look under the hood and see if its possible to increase font size (or scale it). I looked at it with an editor (SciTe) but it all looks like gibberish to me. So i wouldnt know where to start looking. Or if there is a similar or better addon out there that you might refer me to.

The link to addon is right here in this site :

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Hearthman.html .

I would sure appreciate it.
07-11-10, 03:55 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Open up the .lua file and look near the top of the file. There are a few lines where the variables for the various font sizes are set.

ex.
Code:
local zoneFontSize	=     10
These are what you could try changing first.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-11-10, 05:18 PM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The problem however is that :SetTextHeight() is being used, rather then :SetFont or SetFontObject. All Font Objects seem to be inherited from GameFontNormal. And the wiki page about :SetTextHeight tells us that it scales the "image", rather then increasing or decreasing the font size instead:
Originally Posted by wowwiki
FontString:SetTextHeight(integer pixelHeight)

Sets the height of the text. Note that this will distort the text because it enlarges the image rather than the font size. If you need crisp looking text, you will need to create separate text objects for each size.

Last edited by ravagernl : 07-11-10 at 05:22 PM.
07-11-10, 06:13 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, I had noticed that it wasn't that instead of SetFont, but I haven't used that function before myself...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-12-10, 06:47 AM   #5
AmeL
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up Thx

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Open up the .lua file and look near the top of the file. There are a few lines where the variables for the various font sizes are set.

ex.
Code:
local zoneFontSize	=     10
These are what you could try changing first.
Thx for the help. Did what you told me, and its much better now. Thx again for the help and qwik reply.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon help