01-17-10, 01:14 PM   #1
Eruionmel
A Kobold Labourer
Smile Extreme Beginner Looking for Some Help

Hey, everyone. I am looking for a little bit of help editing my current version of oUF, oUF_alekk. I know very little (if anything) about Lua, and most tutorials that I've looked at don't touch on anything that is particularly useful. I like the basic layout that the one I'm using has, there are just a couple things I would like changed.

I would love for it to show an icon telling whether I am flagged for PvP or not. I play on both PvE and PvP servers, and it's useful for both. I was very surprised that the icon was removed in the first place.

Second, for when I'm playing a hunter I would like for my pet's bar to display their happiness. As is, I have to feed them (or cast glyphed mend pet) every once in a while and watch their damage to see if they're fully fed or not. As you can imagine, this is rather inconvenient and annoying.

Thanks for any help. It would be nice if someone wrote up a tutorial for this addon on how to write your own profile. I would be thrilled to go through it.
01-18-10, 12:45 AM   #2
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Code:
"powerbar".colorHappiness = true
for the color of your powerbar.

Code:
local pvp = "hp":CreateTexture(nil, 'OVERLAY')
pvp:SetPoint('TOPLEFT', self, 'TOPRIGHT', -10, 7)
pvp:SetHeight(24)
pvp:SetWidth(24)
self.PvP = pvp
for the pvp icon.
Just put those at the right place and change the bar reference (powerbar and hp) to match yours.

Last edited by Rostok : 01-18-10 at 12:47 AM.
01-18-10, 09:05 AM   #3
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
I was very surprised that the icon was removed in the first place.
Note, oUF removes the whole blizzard unit frame system and builds a new one.
This means, the icon you are referring to is not removed, its just not added that that layout you are using.
01-26-10, 03:52 PM   #4
Macintosh
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rostok View Post
Code:
"powerbar".colorHappiness = true
for the color of your powerbar.

Code:
local pvp = "hp":CreateTexture(nil, 'OVERLAY')
pvp:SetPoint('TOPLEFT', self, 'TOPRIGHT', -10, 7)
pvp:SetHeight(24)
pvp:SetWidth(24)
self.PvP = pvp
for the pvp icon.
Just put those at the right place and change the bar reference (powerbar and hp) to match yours.
Where do you put the PvP code? I really have no idea which addon folder and then which lua and which part of the lua it goes in.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Extreme Beginner Looking for Some Help