09-18-09, 11:09 AM   #1
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
Log / Summary AddOn?

Is there an addon that will record certain things from the chat log and then present them in a list for review?

Specifically, if I want to look back at just experience gaining chat window items for my play session, or just honor gaining ones, or just things I looted, is there a mod that will do any or all of these?

I know there are some mods that summarize the totals of these gained per session, but I want to review the particular items that led to the totals. ("Oh, that QuestNameA turn in gave me 20000 XP, but that QuestNameB only gave me 5000 XP," etc.) I've tried searching, but haven't come up with anything helpful.
09-18-09, 12:23 PM   #2
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Keep an eye on YurrCombatLog. Looks like it will do what you want in a "future release".
09-18-09, 04:59 PM   #3
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
Thanks. I'll keep watching it.

I also eventually found Elephant (which has been updated more recently elsewhere) which is very close to what I'm looking for, but doesn't seem to (according to the description) account for the kind of messages I mentioned.

I'm thinking about just making multiple chat windows and living with it that way, though I then may run into an issue with not being able to split system messages to other windows. I'll have to play with it later, I guess.

Any further suggestions would be quite welcome!
09-18-09, 06:53 PM   #4
TekNoir
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite will display nearly all of that (no loot afaik) in its event viewer.
09-18-09, 08:10 PM   #5
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
Unfortunately, Carbonite has a lot of other things that I don't need or want.

How about this: Is there a way to move some System messages to a different chat window? I've worked around my request by just making multiple small chat windows (and we'll see how well that works out when it gets busy), but I've noticed that quest related item messages and a couple of other things can't be moved to a different chat frame without also taking along things like logons. There used to be a mod that did this, but it's very out of date. Anyone know of anything more up to date?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Log / Summary AddOn?