10-03-08, 02:03 PM   #1
brewac
A Defias Bandit
Attempting to use qesthelper addon with no success

I have successfully downloaded the addon "questhelper" and placed it in the appropriate folder.

It is listed as an available addon in the select a character screen.

It is enabled.

However, when I log in, none of the addon's content is present.

Also, I get this message:

interface\addons\questhelper\main.lua:243:attempt to call global 'Dongle Stub' (a nil value)

I have looked for other people having this problem, but I seem to be the only one.

What does this all mean? How can I fix this?
10-03-08, 02:21 PM   #2
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
that is strange...
Check inside the QuestHelper folder (where you installed it) make sure the supporting libraries are there... (Astrolabe, ChatThrottlelib). Also make sure the file dodads.lua is there. (I think thats where dongle is defined, but its been awhile).
That failing try removing your WTF, and CACHE folders in the WoW directory, and removing and re-installing QuestHelper.
10-03-08, 07:55 PM   #3
Bedevere
A Defias Bandit

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
that is strange...
Check inside the QuestHelper folder (where you installed it) make sure the supporting libraries are there... (Astrolabe, ChatThrottlelib). Also make sure the file dodads.lua is there. (I think thats where dongle is defined, but its been awhile).
That failing try removing your WTF, and CACHE folders in the WoW directory, and removing and re-installing QuestHelper.

I also have this issue with it. However if I am in party and the party member is in same zone it shows all of their quests. =/

I have done all of the above and still no success =( I had thought it was an issue with cartographer as that was the error I kept getting line 120 lib in cartographer or something like that. Sorry I'm a bad end user and lost the exact error. Has there been anyone that has figured out how to fix it? The last QH version I had just quit working so I got the latest one and it does same thing or rather doesn't do anything.

- Albert Einstien
10-03-08, 09:53 PM   #4
Vyper

I have heard of this one before. First thing I would try is /qh hidden. This should bring up a menu with all the quests QH is hiding from you and tell you why. Well at least if things work right it will :-) Give it a go and we'll go from there.
10-04-08, 11:54 AM   #5
Bedevere
A Defias Bandit

Hmm for some reason the default was to have everything hidden even though it said it was showing all. =/ I had to go through and first enable all the filter settings (even though it said they were disabled) then disable them again and it works now. Weird. I talked to several folks on my server and they were have similar issues with it.
but for now it is fixed.

thx for help =)

- Albert Einstien

Last edited by Bedevere : 10-04-08 at 12:20 PM.
10-13-08, 10:41 AM   #6
brewac
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
I have heard of this one before. First thing I would try is /qh hidden. This should bring up a menu with all the quests QH is hiding from you and tell you why. Well at least if things work right it will :-) Give it a go and we'll go from there.
I double checked that everything was there as you recommended in your first post, and nothing was missing.

I tried removing the WTF and cache folders. Some improvement. QH is now clearly present, but still not working. A new error message, "interface/addons/questhelper/tracker.lua:548: attempting to compare number with nil," is popping up so frequently that I had to turn off my lua error messages just to play the game. Also, the actual quest tracker function itself is nowhere to be seen. It is toggled on. Other graphic functions are missing. The slash commands are mostly working as long as whatever I'm asking for doesn't require anything beyond opening the help menu or the settings menu.

/qh hidden gave me the message "no quest objectives are hidden."

Thank you for your patience.
10-13-08, 11:43 AM   #7
Vyper

Well first lets start with the obvious.... can you confirm that you are running the latest and greatest? (.59 atm). Also are you running on the public realms, the WoLK beta, or a private server of some kind? And lastly, though its probably not the issue, try starting with ONLY QH enabled and see if it works then. Its always possible (but unlikely) that you have some obscure addon stomping on my namespace.

Other useful commands

/qh version: should list the version.... if it doesn't your WAAY out of date

/qh error: should give some further debug output, again if not your out of date. I recommend opening a ticket on the curseforge site http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/quest-helper/ with this info, as Zorba is downright obsessive about solving those.

/qh hardreset: on anything above .54 should reset ALL qh options back to their default state.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Attempting to use qesthelper addon with no success