08-26-08, 06:40 PM   #1
Volkner
A Murloc Raider
xperl background color debuff issue

I recently (yesterday) installed xperl. So far I love it, but I am having one serious issue with colots that I hope someone can help me fix.

When a mob puts a debuff on me my frame turns green. Almost the same color green as my health bar thus making it nearly impossible to tell what my HPS are at a glance.

I have changed every setting that seems to have something to do with colors but none of them affect it.

Does anybody know how to change the color that your picture thing changes to when you get a debuff?

Thanks
08-27-08, 08:25 AM   #2
goobus
A Defias Bandit
Same question

It also happens when you cast something (for example, hunters mark or SW:Pain) on a target, the target's frame will change blue (or whatever other color). Can't find what option will disable this feature.

Last edited by goobus : 08-27-08 at 08:55 AM.
08-27-08, 09:12 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I haven't used XPerl in a very long time, but there may be an option for debuff highlighting.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-27-08, 09:48 AM   #4
goobus
A Defias Bandit
There is a "highlight debuff" option on the general tab but turning it off doesn't seem to do anything.
08-27-08, 12:58 PM   #5
Volkner
A Murloc Raider
I've played with ever 'debuff' and 'color' option. Some of them don't seem to do anything and the ones that do, don't do what I want.

I could handle it if I could just choose which color I wanted it to be. ANY color other than green would be great
08-27-08, 01:06 PM   #6
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I believe the options you are looking for got moved to Custom Highlights section (under Player tab I believe). It's been so long since I've had to configure anything... if that doesn't work I'll take a look later.

08-27-08, 02:17 PM   #7
goobus
A Defias Bandit
unfortunately, i don't see any "custom highlights" anywhere in the settings.. there is a "Highlight Debuffs" option on the general tab but turning it off doesn't seem to make a difference.. I'll try reinstalling the add-on for now..

Last edited by goobus : 08-27-08 at 02:21 PM.
08-27-08, 05:46 PM   #8
Volkner
A Murloc Raider
The 'Highlight Debuffs' seems to be for the actual 'debuff' icon, doesn't have any affect on the health bar area.
08-28-08, 09:18 AM   #9
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Global tab > Status Highlighting (disable or modify)

Global tab > Highlight Debuffs (disable or modify, Only Curable is good)

That should do it for you.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » xperl background color debuff issue