07-16-07, 10:12 PM   #1
KillerDreaming
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

KoS Mod

I know there are already mods that do this (VanasKoS) that does this, but from my experiences it doesn't do exactly what I want it to..

VanasKoS (for me) doesn't alert you of people until you mouse-over them, I've been looking for a mod that will actually alert me (like with a raid warning-kinda thing) whenever a KoS (from the other faction) being gets within my vision range, and kinda like in VanasKoS will have their name/level in a little box, so I'll know to get ready in case I'm about to get ganked.

Maybe even have them pop up as a red marker on the mini map or something too, you know?
07-17-07, 11:58 AM   #2
KillerDreaming
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I looked around and found one, sorry for being a dumb ass..it was kinda on the first page of Combat Mods, but with a weird name that kinda made me think it wouldn't be it.

Sorry..

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nalSentry.html for any one who is interested in the same thing.
07-17-07, 02:08 PM   #3
KillerDreaming
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Again: It does about the same thing as the other one.. it doesn't really detect the enemies unless you mouse-over them, which really won't save you from an unexpected gank you're unable to see coming, so I guess I'll re-open the asking for something like what I described above?
07-17-07, 07:18 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So far as i know it doesnt exist and im fairly certain its not possible. My thought process is if your 'target nearest mob' key cant target something thats not directly infront of you and/or visible i would imagine doing so for a PVP enviornment would be similarly protected from player access.

Not to mention if everyone had one it would kill the point of it to an extent. Half the joy is getting the drop on someone. Half the pain is it being you that gets caught by suprise.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-17-07, 08:31 PM   #5
KillerDreaming
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Yeah man, but another half of the pain is getting ganked when you're wanting to quest HARD to get 70, and having to corpse run across the whole area just probably get camped.. ya know..?

I know you're probably gonna say "THEN DON'T PLAY ON A PVP SERVER" but the meaning of a PVP server is to have fun PVPing, not pay $15 a month to corpse-run all day.. lol (But if you do corpse run, know you atleast put up a good fight, not a 2.3 second owning)
07-17-07, 09:25 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Oh i would never say dont play on a pvp server. If you are in to that sort of thing then by all means go for it. I was just posting the logic i would imagine blizzard would use for blocking that sort of action.
I was rummaging through the api and since the player merely existing doesnt have a direct effect on anything till you either interact with the player (mousing over catching the target by hitting tab and so on) or vice versa aka they attacking there really isnt something i can find in it that would allow for it. Unless they allow some sort of enemy radar that works like herb tracking in a future patch.
Short of being a hunter or having a pet on aggressive .

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-17-07, 10:17 PM   #7
KillerDreaming
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well perhaps they could just have some kind of data tracking that would track things like "Undead", "Orc", "Blood Elf" or the such, (You could change a thing in the options to make it watch a certain faction, for example, if you're on Horde you can choose for it to watch for Alliance races, and vica versa.

I could see that working, perhaps?

Edit: When I say that, I mean like when you mouse-over them it will say "Level ?? Orc Warlock" like that, perhaps they could have some data tracking kind of thing to track where it says what race they are, and depending on what you've chosen it to track, it will alert you with a /p or /s alert when it detects someone near you of the "marked races"?
07-18-07, 01:12 AM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Its worth a suggestion on the official blizzard forums. Worst they can say is no.

07-18-07, 03:10 AM   #9
KillerDreaming
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'm sure Blizzard wouldn't do that..that's why I came here, hoping someone would know of one, or make out..
07-18-07, 08:04 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If Blizzard doesn't want it done, then there's nothing a mod can do to help you.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-19-07, 06:03 AM   #11
vana
A Kobold Labourer
VanasKoS detects on mouseover, targetchange and also Players that do something in your vincinity (via Combat Log). There is no other (legal) way to do it.
07-19-07, 08:26 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yep. Pretty much, a mod can't do anything that you can't do yourself - it just makes it easier/presents the information in a different way.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-19-07, 11:36 AM   #13
KillerDreaming
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Damn..well that would be really awesome to help me NOT get unfairly raped..oh well..
Thanks anyway for helping, guys.
07-19-07, 11:48 AM   #14
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Heh.

Personally, I'd like to see a stackable debuff (up to 5 times) that lasts for an hour take place for each kill of a lowby at a certain level or lower than your max level. The debuff would essentially be a "rez sickness" type debuff that would reduce overall stats by x% for each kill.

This would help prevent high levels wanting to be dicks and gank lowbies waiting to go to a raid or instance. It would also even the playing field for when they did want to pvp with lowbies, to bring them closer to their own level (stat-wise), though they would still have the high level spells/abilities at their disposal.

Alas, no sign of relief in sight. More's the pity.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-20-07, 01:03 AM   #15
KillerDreaming
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Geboran
Heh.

Personally, I'd like to see a stackable debuff (up to 5 times) that lasts for an hour take place for each kill of a lowby at a certain level or lower than your max level. The debuff would essentially be a "rez sickness" type debuff that would reduce overall stats by x% for each kill.

This would help prevent high levels wanting to be dicks and gank lowbies waiting to go to a raid or instance. It would also even the playing field for when they did want to pvp with lowbies, to bring them closer to their own level (stat-wise), though they would still have the high level spells/abilities at their disposal.

Alas, no sign of relief in sight. More's the pity.
Good idea, eh?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » KoS Mod