12-11-06, 01:00 PM   #1
Muertero
A Defias Bandit
Aliases: Chat Name Enhancement

I am beginning to believe I am really missing some feature or addon that is available but just cannot find it. I had a nice addon called PALS that allowed you to add an alias name(s) to a player on your friend list and that name would appear next to the chat name in the chat window each time that person posted something in chat. So, for example, if the main toon's name was "Killer" but he was playing on an alt, "Shorty", everytime he said something in chat it would look like "[Party] Shorty (Killer): <msg>." In some cases, where I would know the player's real life main, I would enter it as "Killer/John" and that would be the name that would show up in the parenthesis.

Unfortunately, this addon no longer works in the new patch and is no longer supported by the original author. I am finding it hard to believe that no one else in the game uses a tool that makes it so easy to keep track of all your friends on different alts. Is there such an addon out there and, if so, where can I find it? If it does not exist, would anyone be interested in developing it since I have absolutely no skills in this area?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers!
12-12-06, 10:23 AM   #2
Muertero
A Defias Bandit
/bump

Looking for any help or advice about this addon please!
12-12-06, 11:15 AM   #3
Hevanus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Just came across this, AltMinder: http://wow.curse-gaming.com/en/files...410/altminder/

It's just been uploaded a couple minutes ago, so I haven't tried it yet.
12-12-06, 11:41 AM   #4
Muertero
A Defias Bandit
Thanks, Hevanus. I will check it out tonight!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Aliases: Chat Name Enhancement