05-23-09, 12:02 PM   #1
Msdawg
A Kobold Labourer
Lightbulb Roll and poll addon(s) for guild chat as well as raid and party chat

I'm a guild commander of a guild with well over 300 members and would love to find an addon or two that would allow me to:

1 - take a poll in guild chat of the members and sumarize the results by percentage who selected each possible response (would be even better to also have this ability in raid and party chat as well); and

2 - have the guild members roll and summarize the results showing the top x number of rolls and any that were duplicate rolls or non-standard 1-100 rolls (similar to what one or more raid roll addons I have seen do in raid chat (and party chat?), but in guild chat also (and party chat if not already included)).

I have not found either of these funcitons. Please feel free to let me know if I am missing them or if anyone else is interested in such functionality.

Thanks!
05-23-09, 12:07 PM   #2
Akryn
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The first one would be pretty easy to write if it doesn't already exist. The second one would be impossible to create properly: individual members could easily fake the roll returns because there would be no way for the requesting addon to know what each person had rolled, it would have to trust the results it got back from each client, unlike in raid/party.
05-23-09, 03:37 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
CT_RA used to have a poll module. It used the ready check window and you could enter in a question and two answers (for the two buttons). We used to use it to poll staying late to get the next boss or other random things for giggles. So, definitely doable.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Roll and poll addon(s) for guild chat as well as raid and party chat