01-12-06, 03:18 PM   #1
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

DAB hunter setup help

hey all,
Im trying to setup my action bar for my hunter. Id like to set my ranged attacks on bar 1 and my melee attacks on bar 2 and have them switch when my target in in melee range. I saw some instruction for this in the FAQ for DAB but i cant get it to work.

These are the instruction Im trying to follow

Swapping bars when your target enters melee range:
Choose OnUpdate from the event macros dropdown then the enter the code below for your macro.

/script if CheckInteractDistance("target", 1) then if (not meleebar) then setglobal("meleebar", 1); DAB_Bar_Swap(bar1, bar2); end elseif meleebar then DAB_Bar_Swap(bar1, bar2); meleebar = nil; end

Replace bar1 and bar2 with the numbers of the 2 bars you want to swap. This script will swap the 2 bars when the target moves within 5 yards of you then swap them again when the target moves further away than that.
If you want to automatically swap back to your ranged bar when you lose your target, select You Change Targets from the events dropdown menu and enter the following for the macro.

/script if (not UnitName("target")) and meleebar then DAB_Bar_Swap(bar1, bar2); meleebar = nil; end

Any help in plain noob friendly english would be welcome
01-12-06, 03:21 PM   #2
Dily
A Murloc Raider
I don't know if this applys to you.... but I seem to recall reading somewhere you can't swap bars anymore. You have to change pages instead. Of course then again I just push buttons and hope stuff works! That's the kind of user I am.

Try that though. Make bar 1 have 2 pages and try to switch them.
01-12-06, 03:51 PM   #3
Apate
An Aku'mai Servant

the same question was asked and addressed here recently; the search function will probably pull it up.
01-13-06, 10:31 AM   #4
Yuddha
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The script you cited works only with older versions of DAB. Bar swapping has been replaced by page-flipping. Here's how mine works:

In the "Bar Control" for my main action bar I have these conditions:

1 - No Target - Page 1
2 - Action is In Range [Wing Clip] - Page 2, Override 4
3 - Action is Not In Range [Wing Clip] - Page 1, Override 4
4 - Target is Friendly - Page 3

I also have control buttons so I can manually flip between pages.
01-13-06, 10:42 AM   #5
BigTimeWeb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I set up a way to do this yesterday - dont know if its the best way in the world to do it, but thought Id shre in case it helps.

On my main bar page 1 is ranged and page 2 is melee.

In the DAB control panel I went to Bar control and set up 3 items.

First condition
If Action in range - Wing clip - switch page to 2

Second condition
If Action Out of Range - Wing clip - switch to page 1

Third condition
If not in Combat - switch to page 1

I went out to a lowbie area and just ran around some mobs and watched my page flip back and forth according to how close I was to it. Seems to work - although still not sure about the third condition and if it is working properly - this one was just a matter of convienence for me.

hope this helps
01-13-06, 11:17 AM   #6
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

thanks for the replies. looks like i have some more playing around to do.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DAB hunter setup help