View Single Post
06-16-07, 09:08 AM   #226
Vicious_bomber
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by TigerHeart

Here's an interesting one for you kermitus, it goes up 8mb just from installing it . About 3 or 4 months from now when you finally get a 'comprehensive' AH listing for a good deal of items in the game, do not be surprised when it is up around 90mb or more. Every time you do a scan, it saves each and every item it finds. Over time you store up a *LOT* of items. I guess the question here you must ask yourself, is this: Is doubling or tripling my UI memory, and thus decreasing my overall performance actually worth just having an AH price in the unlikely event a guildy asks me "How much is this worth?" or in the even less likely event I get an item and ask myself the same thing? Also, keep in mind, Auctioneer, while nice for a baseline, never can compete with actually looking items up on your own .

This is coming from a long time Auctioneer fan. I used to have that on my *required* list. I've found out over time though, that it's really not as good as it may seem at first. Try playing without it for awhile, soon, you won't even miss it .

-TigerHeart
I would suggest a way to load and unload aucitoneer. That way you can load it when you want to use it and ulnoad it afterwords. If you scan regularly and use the search functions you can really make a ton of gold with the add on. But you have to put in the time to do the scans and searches.

But you only really want it on at certian times, so yah....a load/unload button would be great.