View Single Post
04-05-15, 11:54 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ultima9 View Post
I just wanted to say that the /played command is a client command and does not depend on any addons to work. That said, there is an issue with it somehow - as it no longer works for me either. I assume carbonite is the culprit, as i know it was after installing it that it stopped showing for me. I haven't done much in the way of debugging it - while i find it annoying that it no longer shows up, it's not exactly game breaking, so i've basically ignored it.

My guess is that an addon is capturing the client's response to the /played command and not returning the value to chat as it should. (Again, this leads me to believe it is carbonite, as i know carbonite does display the /played info in its own text and font.)
It's not Carbonite, or at least it isn't Carbonite for me. I have Carbonite and around 90 other addons installed and "/played" works for me. When I try it. What happens if you DISABLE ALL OF YOUR ADDONS EXCEPT CARBONITE and try it? Doing that will tell you whether or not Carbonite is the problem.
Click image for larger version

Name:	TimePlayed_withoutCarbonite.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	8558
Screen shot of chat without Carbonite enabled. "/played" text is in yellow.
Click image for larger version

Name:	TimePlayed_WITHCarbonite.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	8559
Screen shot of chat WITH Carbonite enabled. "/played" text is the last text in the chat window. The text immediately above it is from Carbonite. I don't know exactly why both are the same.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-05-15 at 12:32 PM.