View Single Post
08-08-11, 06:51 PM   #3
Falter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
1 - I would consider the SSD now and use an external drive for storage. Also, keep in mind that if you do windows, you'll have to partition the drive to allow for it so get a large enough SSD to allow for this (also Lion's Boot Camp is only Win7 compatible, but it is the easiest windows install you'll ever do).

2 - I think the biggest things with WoW when Tom's Hardware tested were the number of cores more than the clock. They did a whole write-up on WoW a couple of years back, which I'm sure you could Google.

3 - Didn't Dalaran take more than a gig of texture memory to load on it's own? Also, WTB OSX native port of Rift...

4 - Totally agree, buying memory from Apple is expensive, but more RAM is always the first upgrade you should go for. But as I recall, Apple is savvy enough that they won't let you configure it with that upgrade in mind (ie - use 2-2gb sticks instead of 4-1gb sticks). Just something to consider and price before you buy if you need to max out the RAM and have only a few slots for sticks.