Thread: Totem Addon
View Single Post
10-08-10, 02:21 PM   #10
Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
As mentioned, Bartender merely grabs the default bar and re-parents it to a Bartender frame. The disadvantage of this is that if you wanted the bar vertical or in two rows or what have you, you really can't. I think Tuller tries to offer this option with his own version of totem buttons which does not touch the Blizzard totem bar.

I can tell you from personal experience that replicating the default totem bar by an addon is fraught with issues as the totem bar is not well supported in the UI API from an addon author's point-of-view. My own addon does the same as Bartender and just grabs the default Blizzard totem bar and parents it to a new frame.
Yeah the dominos_totem bar seems to destroy the functionality. It reforms its function as a place to drop totems for that specific call. But thats it. But with dominos you can resize, change orientation, or layout of the buttons. Seems you sacrifice the function of being able to change the totems from the pop up on the totem menu for the ability to have the bar "match" the ui. Which may be just fine for end game for my shaman.

Right now though, wow its a bit crazy. Who at blizzard decided... "Hey I've got an idea, Shamans! They'll have totems, these crazy things they'll tote around. But it will take us years - yeeeeearrs - to get a ui element in game to help with their management."

I appreciate all the help guys. Its just the ocd in me... stuff must be a certain way, a certain place, and -RAWR- all the lovely functionality must be included in one dang mod that doesn't have stuff I don't need. Which is rarely how it happens. I know this. Everyone that has any where near as custom ui as I have, knows this. I'll get it all perfect one day.