View Single Post
06-04-10, 10:32 AM   #137
momsdruid
A Kobold Labourer
vex inferface problems

I desperately need a new UI….. So I tried downloading one from your website, Vex interface (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Interface.html)

I followed the following instructions:

1. Download and extract VexInterface
2. Go to your WoW directory and backup your Interface and WTF folders.
3. Remove those folders from your WoW directory and replace them with the new Interface and WTF folders you downloaded.
4. Open the WTF folder and rename the following:

YourAccount -> to your account name
YourRealm -> to your server name
YourCharacter -> to your character name

5. Start the game and type the following to change addon profiles to Vexione - Stormscale

/bar (for Bartender)
/sldt (for Data Text)
/sexymap (Change Scale to around 75% because it starts out too big)

I copied my old interface and WTF file and placed them in a separate folder on my desktop. I deleted the interface and WTF file in my WOW directory. I downloaded and extracted vexinterface into separate file on my desktop. I copied the new interface and wtf files and placed them in my wow directory. I renamed the necessary files. I started the game and it still did not work. So I closed out and went to curse and updated all the addons. I also opened the /bar and /sldt file and copied the vexione -stormscale profile, but the /sexymap did not have the same profile to copy so i left that one alone. Do I need to do the same for every addon i downloaded as well... and if so how? these directions do not say to change profile for all the other addons and i do not know how to open or midify them. Sorry, just not extrememely computer savy.

Once I opened it again it was now better but not as in the picture. I have some boxes that are overlapping and I can’t figure out how to move them. Also my text is not in the place it should be. My UI currently looks like this now:

I did notice that in the text file that came with the download it says “1680x1050 ONLY!” I am not really sure what that mean though. Also…. Nothing shows up in the black boxes at the bottom like it should, or like it looks in the picture. Is this something I have configure myself… and if so .. how?

Last edited by momsdruid : 06-04-10 at 12:53 PM.