View Single Post
08-12-15, 10:07 PM   #9
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by jayman1000 View Post
That is what I want, it's just not doing it. Any route, questing or not, is just a straight line with one start point and one end point, no waypoints in between. How do I enable the flightmaster waypoints for questing that you mention?
There's an old saying "The shortest distance between two points is a straight line". In geometry, I suppose that's true on paper but, in the real world, it's not always efficient. Sometimes, there are obstacles in the way such as mountains, buildings, valleys, etc.

Even when you use Flighmasters to travel (by air), you start from a point of origin and fly to a destination. Two (2) points. Carbonite always draws a straight line between those two points. It would make no sense to draw curved lines to go from point A to point B; it would take longer. Besides, Carbonite uses the custom Google mapping which makes it much easier to examine the terrain and to avoid obstacles, etc. I use both Carbonite (mapping) and Zygor guides simultaneously.

What you want is something to work like the Zygor Leveling Guide. It doesn't always work the way it's supposed to. But, it does work much of the time.

Example: If you were in Stormwind City (Eastern Kingdom) and you had a quest to do which is located somewhere in Kalimdor, Outland, Pandaria, etc., their guide will tell you to use the most efficient and/or fastest method to get there. It will place textual directions and suitable icons associated with the best means of travel such as using a Portal, a Flighmaster, a Boat, your Hearthstone or other means of travel, automatically throughout your trip (step-by-step) to your quest location -- for almost every quest! They call it their "Travel System." And, if you want a "line" drawn on your map, they have an option you can toggle on/off for that, too. They call that their "Ants." I never use it. Carbonite works much better for me to draw a line from point A to point B when I want one.

NOTE: Just in case you or anyone else is interested, you should know that I am NOT advocating that anyone purchase any of the Zygor Guides (they sell a bunch of them, and I don't consider them cheap). Neither are they always up-to-date, even though Zygor promises users that they will always be up-to-date. I use most of their guides myself and have done so for a number of years but, I find many faults within each of the guides. I report the issues but they don't fix them. However, I still use them because "when they work properly," it's much easier to play WoW. Questing is much faster with Zygor than without it. To me, the Carbonite Quest module isn't nearly as "user-friendly." That's not a complaint against Carbonite. It was not designed to be that way.

All routes are straight lines between two points, even the routes we use when mining ore or herb gathering. Each node is connected to the next node by a straight line.

I'm only offering this information to let you know that what you want is available (as an addon) but, it will cost you money. Carbonite is free. Your choice. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Kreelor : 08-12-15 at 10:09 PM.