View Single Post
07-27-09, 06:14 AM   #31
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Honestly, if a single mod is the only thing keeping you playing then you really need to take a moment to stop finding excuses and just quit. I highly doubt Blizz will care.
It is true: If I were to quit WoW that Blizzard simply wouldn't care. And I wouldn't care about their lack of caring either. I play games to have fun. While I can still find ways to have fun in WoW I'll continue to play it. The moment it stops being fun I'll stop playing and move onto something else.

I've already obtained pre-nerf Loremaster on my main character by doing the vast majority of quests the hard way (I.E. without Carbonite / QuestHelper / LightHeaded). At this point I should point out that I'm currently a bit of an altoholic. The thought of repeating quests on alts in the same slow, inefficient, labourous way doesn't seem much like fun to me (remember, I play WoW to have fun). Carbonite (and it's ilk) fix that problem for me. I can now run through zones completing quests without running over the same ground repeatedly, without alt-tabbing to find the more obscure objectives, without suffering the inevitable crashes caused by repeatedly alt-tabbing etc.

It seems that Blizzard have cottoned on to the short comings of it's current quest system, hence, quests mapping in the upcoming 3.2 patch. Probably inspired (in part) by Carbonite and QuestHelper.

Incidentally, when I made my last post on this thread (two months ago) the author of QuestHelper was still talking about ceasing development, so Carbonite seemed like it would be the only questing mod of it's type out there. Blizzard hadn't announced any plans to add quest information to maps either. So maybe I should revise my statement to "no carbonite-like quest mapping, no wow" now.

edit: That isn't to say that I'm not an ardent fan of Carbonite. I am and will remain so. My "no carbonite, no wow" post wasn't intended to chivvy the Carbonite team, but to show my support for their continued development of Carbonite (irrespective of frequency), while also showing my utter disdain for Blizzard's new mod dev policy.

Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Just make sure you take a screenshot of Carb before you do so that you can still look at, considering that's the only part of the game you seem to be enjoying.
Ah, sardonic wit. I laughed so hard that my rib cage almost exploded.

Last edited by Unbelievable : 07-27-09 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Clarifying my support of Carbonite