View Single Post
03-01-07, 03:00 AM   #12
FISKER_Q
ON A BOAT
Originally Posted by Tekkub
Dynamic compilations!

Something I've never quite understood is why people package a bunch of addons and publish a "compilation". The addons in this comp quickly become out of date. It seems more logical to have the creator go thru the site and check off the addons they want in their compilation. Then when someone downloads the server grabs all the latest versions, zips it, and gives that to the user.

Hrm... what else could you do...

*shrug* That's all I got right now.
Well i don't think this should be an premium feature, well atleast not if the intention is to publish the compilations, then both authors and users should be able to make them/download them.

But you could put in a personal compilation, one also supporting compilations and then it would get each unique addon for that self made compilation.

Other stuff i'm thinking about:
  1. ZOMG special titles
  2. No Ads
  3. If you got any competitions or other stuff like taking questions, then supporters has priority over normal users, of course stupid questions supporter or not are ignore. For competitions you could make it so supports automatically enter and/or gets higher chances.
  4. An UI feature suggestion/bug report compiled and suggested to Slouken, complete with a "not gonna happen"-section, and people ignoring or purposely posting stuff that won't happen will be temporarily suspended from the feature or whatever floats your boat :P (Yes i know you could just make a topic and Slouken would read it, but not all are on the US boards, also i think it could reduce some of the workload by compiling it into a bigger report).
  5. Feature for authors to auto-update their mods through their svn server(Not one by WoWInterface, but their own, i.e. projects hosted on google code and so on).
  6. Related to the above feature should be some kind of This-is-release/This-is-beta so that people know what they're downloading, optionally you could restrict beta releases to subscribers only, thus reducing the whine about
  7. And if you're considering a download client to automatically update addons then i think you should also provide a manager for savedvariables so to clean them.
  8. And speaking of that you should be able to store savedvariables and other settings, which could be autouploaded through the client mentioned before.

Last edited by FISKER_Q : 03-01-07 at 03:03 AM.