Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
12-15-14, 10:06 AM   #870
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
No offense taken, but your concern is probably better addressed at the developers of those other addons. With WoD, Blizzard changed a few crucial APIs that are used by Carbonite, so we had to break compatibility with some old function calls in order to make Carbonite work with WoD. Those addons (and a few others) are still using the old calls, thereby breaking things that are leading to the crashes.

You are basically wasting our time pointing out what we already know: that those developers are trying to appoint the blame to Carbonite, while at the same time, they are refusing to fix their code until a beta release of Carbonite comes out.
If it was only with AtlasLoot I might agree with you but could you tell me what is the connection between Carbonite and the Hunter Pets UI (the same interface the Mount, Pet and ToyBox journal uses)? As far as I know there is still no interaction between the map and Hunter Pets (although planed to).

P.S. Hunter Pets is a new addon (v6.0.2+) so it shouldn't be using any of thous APIs (I should know since I had to convince few authors they need to update there code - including the authors of Ace3), also I'm still waiting for a response from the author of Hunter Pets but I strongly suspect the problem is in Carbonite and to be more precise in the contents of the Quests91-100.lua file because once they are removed or changed the problem disappears.