View Single Post
07-11-22, 06:58 PM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
Based on their previous posts, it looks like they're creating some sort of ironman addon. I would assume a user installing such an addon would be aware of the restrictions the addon would provide, also assuming OP would clearly warn of them.

Additionally, while the "sole discretion" part makes it a catch-all, that rule is specifically worded to mean things like spamming chat, causing lag, or otherwise affecting players that don't have the addon.
This is the part that opens it up more for interpretation and why I left out the examples they give. They focused on performance only, which was the first part they brought up, but didn't cover this completely. The "sole discretion" part is just lawyer-speak for "only Blizzard's interpretation matters".
... or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players.

Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
Based on their previous posts, it looks like they're creating some sort of ironman addon. I would assume a user installing such an addon would be aware of the restrictions the addon would provide, also assuming OP would clearly warn of them.
Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
thanks for the warning; as Kanegasi said I am building an IronMan addon.
The root of it all is player experience. This can include the end user. Though if this is what they want and it only affects them, then I see no issue about it.