View Single Post
01-26-06, 05:37 PM   #50
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for the feedback guys. More functionality is on the way, I just want to do this right.

I've been rethinking my approach to how I build this mod. Being my first mod, I approached it more directly with the idea of having models you could add/remove/adjust for unit frames. The more I think about it, the more I realize a more generic platform for handling 3D UI models would be better and then have Model Citizen use that platform for the purpose of unit frames.

With this new approach other mods would be able to offer 3d models by borrowing functionality from Model Citizen. An example would be expanding something like Atlas with a mob list, each in the list would have strategy info next to a 3d model. Such an addon would be extremely lightweight since it would only need to borrow functionality from Model Citizen for all the model manipulation.

The good thing about this approach is it doesn't distract me from what I've built so far. I have a fairly good understanding of many of the quirks at this point (including some of the unfixed bugs). So sorry there has been a week lull in updates. Some major improvements will be coming. Thought I would update you guys on the progress before I dive into this.