Thread: Sexy Interface?
View Single Post
12-16-08, 02:13 AM   #35
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
the "too short" was in regards to the 10 character minimum for posts. ;> adding "too short" to it is what most people do to make it longer. Unless you were intentionally ignoring that point? :P
What do you think? :P

Originally Posted by ObbleYeah View Post
Noooo, my eyes hurt! Where are the x1337 action bar slots we all want? :<

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
Aye Ishtara got a real nice UI going on there. :>

Thanks for mentioning me btw, but my UI is an early alpha release atm so it's not a stable download :>
No excuses, lose your life and get it done so I can compliment you :P I'll be looking forward for yours mate ;D.

So far, with hipjipp's interface, after screwing around for a good while, I'm giving a up on it. I was looking on a lightweight looking, and on a lightweight being interface, solid, sturdy, and not too wild. Hipjipp's UI looks just like what I was looking for, but plenty of annoyances that I'd rather pass on.

The one I really despise is how Hpanel doesn't show up unless you /reloadui, and while it's not very time consuming, I'd rather have a more stable and working Interface. Another annoyance is the HbarHide. Even after making it completely visible for all action bars, when I log in, the action bars show, when I reload to fix the HPanel issue, they disappear, requiring me to click minimap; and being the airhead that I am, I easily end up without them, stuck in combat with the error message I modified for entertainment purposes that instead of making me laugh, pissed me off :P.

The reloading issue was here both before and after I tweaked the addons. Still, great addon, for those that can pinpoint it and fix those issues or for those that don't mind it, I definitely recommend it :>

Regarding other interfaces I'm still open for suggestions. A more detailed description of what I'm looking for:
  • Slick. As in dark, and smooth, no complicated textures required. Black or Dark Blue is just fine.
  • Lightweight. Both in looks and addons. Don't enjoy swimming in them :P
  • Filled with action bars. This is a little bit important. I want to have action bars. Although I'm not a clicker, we all end up relying on those clickable ones occasionally, and I feel safer knowing my bars always stay on the screen. Nicely organized, visible, but not too space consuming.
  • Overall fits in nice. Doesn't have addons conflicting with each other, keeps it smooth and simple.
  • List would go on, but I'm not the one making the addon, so any relevant inputs you can find fitting the above would be cool. Why did I put this as one of the details? Hmm... =/

Keep 'em coming And feel free to ask for other interfaces over here, or make a new thread. The sexier the better ;>