Thread: Cirk's Notebook
View Single Post
06-09-06, 12:56 AM   #14
Fin
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Notebook crashes WoW on logouts and UI reloads (although it never used to)

Hi,

I've been using your Notebook for a while now, loving it (despite the lack of response to my feature requests :P). Unfortunately however I've just had to disable it. The problem is that every time I reloaded the UI, or logged out, or even sometimes when zoning or just logging in, the whole of World of Warcraft would crash. Windows reported an illegal error about being unable to read a certain memory address.

I am 100% certain it is Notebook - when it is the only addon enabled, I experience the crashes as described above, when disabled, the game plays fine.

The only reason I can think that this might be is that I've made too many notes, going over some internal memory limit for WoW that causes it to try and read outside its limit, or something.

Unfortunately I can't send you my saved variables file as it doesn't seem to have most of my notes there anymore. Sorry about this.

I hope this can be fixed soon - good luck figuring out what it might be. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know (I'd be happy to test any lua SV files you might want me to, etc.). Please send me an email [via PM] if so.

cheers,

- Fin

Last edited by Fin : 06-30-06 at 09:34 AM.