Thread: Cirk's Notebook
View Single Post
01-31-06, 09:31 PM   #6
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by south
Do you think it might be possible to add a tack option?
What it would do is allow a semi-transparent movable window to show on the screen,like a sticky note, which would contain the just the note.
This would allow to sticky by copy, paste, tack differen notes about quests, locations etc. on the screen.
The problem with adding a "tack" feature is that notes can be a lot larger than your screen size (depending on how much you have typed into them), so it then becomes a question of it should handle scrolling, etc., in this frame outside of the Notebook frame itself.

I did think about giving Notebook a transparency option (to make the entire frame semi-transparent) to allow for players to have Notebook up while doing other things, but haven't implemented that yet.

Note that you can already move Notebook wherever you want on the screen by dragging within the top of the frame where its window name is.

For me, when using Notebook for keeping track of directions, locations, etc., I just switch to the Note I'm interested in for this, drag Notebook to a suitable location on the screen, and then just use the bound key to quickly show/hide the Note whenever I need to look at it.

Originally Posted by south
And while asking about options.
Resizeable too maybe.....?
Titan compatible....?
At this point I'm not keen on allowing resizing of the window, firstly because its based on the existing frames that the WoW client uses (same dimensions, etc.) and that means that the textures, etc. that can be used are limited in size; and secondly because getting the scroll behaviour working right with a resizable window can be a bit painful!
As for Titan compatibility, I've not used Titan, and I'm not sure what you would actually want here? Is there a mechanism for adding it as a button or something? Any pointers/links you could give describing how this would/could work would be useful.

Cheers!
-- Cirk