Thread: Cirk's Notebook
View Single Post
01-28-06, 06:03 AM   #4
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gaal
I have but one question..... where the heck did you come from? You've been pumping out some pretty well-made and well-working addons in very short order. I have two theories. Either you're some form of alien intelligence on the far side of the moon with nothing better to do that write addons for a game, or you've been working on these off and on for the last year and only now got access to the right client version with the right features to start making them work.
Haha Gaal, thankyou, that made me laugh!

Truth is that I've been working on these mods for a while, on and off, but until now they've really only received circulation amongst my friends and guild mates, who were really the ones that helped me determine the features (and direction) of what the addons became. Anyway, I finally decided I should see if they would also be popular in general, and well, here they are .

I use the US client (I live in Australia), and so far everything is localized for that. Although I've not explicitly added support into my code yet for localization, the structures are all in place for it (strings, etc., all contained in several global tables in each addon, no strings in the XML, etc). I'd be more than happy for feedback on what localization text to use for them though

Originally Posted by Tylius
I like it =D
Maybe an option for a movable minimap button? Moveable like... Autobuff's one is, just click and drag it mmm

=D
I did originally think of a mini-map or other movable button (like Blessings and Chatmanager), but in the end went with the simple approach of just allowing a key-binding since that is frequently the way people will use it once they get it setup how they like it (I use CTRL-N for example, and its kinda become second nature now). If there is enough interest in having something like a button for it though, I can definitely look at adding one.

Thanks for the feedback!

-- Cirk