View Single Post
11-24-21, 02:11 AM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Do I need to/should I be calling self:SwitchedZones() in Options.lua? I can't tell if that is causing a stack overflow that isn't being caught, as commenting out the lines or leaving them in doesn't seem to make BugSack unhappy.
If any particular option changes the behavior of RepByZone:SwitchedZones(), then go ahead and call it. The stack overflow was caused by the infinite loop we just fixed.

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Also, now that I no longer have any errors, something else is confusing me. After your explanation, I fixed the code in self:CheckSolazarBasin(). So far so good.... until I zoned into my garrison.

Once there, I still don't get any errors (woot~ ) but now my bodyguard's faction isn't being set as the watched faction. My Night Elf Demon Hunter is watching Darnassus in both the garrison and the mine/excavation. Heading out to Shadowmoon Valley watches Council of Exarchs, which would be correct if I wasn't supposed to be watching Delvar Ironfist.
This line in RepByZone:SwitchedZones() stands out to me.
Code:
local isWoDZone = #self.WoDFollowerZones > 0 and self.WoDFollowerZones[UImapID] or self.WoDFollowerZones[parentMapID]
The table is defined with this.
Code:
RepByZone.WoDFollowerZones = {
    [525]   = true, -- Frostfire Ridge
    [534]   = true, -- Tanaan Jungle
    [535]   = true, -- Talador
    [539]   = true, -- Shadowmoon Valley
    [542]   = true, -- Spires of Arak
    [543]   = true, -- Gorgrond
    [550]   = true, -- Nagrand
    [579]   = true, -- Lunarfall Excavation 1
    [580]   = true, -- Lunarfall Excavation 2
    [581]   = true, -- Lunarfall Excavation 3
    [582]   = true, -- Lunarfall
    [585]   = true, -- Frostwall Mine 1
    [586]   = true, -- Frostwall Mine 2
    [587]   = true, -- Frostwall Mine 3
    [588]   = true, -- Ashran
    [590]   = true, -- Frostwall
}
The problem is the length operator (#) only operates on sequential indices, meaning it'll always return zero in your code. You could just remove the length check and let the lookup do its work anyway.

Another unrelated issue is you should reinitialize your data tables when a Pandaren chooses their faction. Otherwise, the faction-specific reps won't load correctly. The following additions should correct this.
Code:
function RepByZone:CheckPandaren(event, success)
	if success then
		A = UnitFactionGroup("player") == "Alliance" and ALLIANCE
		H = UnitFactionGroup("player") == "Horde" and HORDE
		if UnitFactionGroup("player") ~= nil then
			instancesAndFactions = self:InstancesAndFactionList()
			zonesAndFactions = self:ZoneAndFactionList()
			subZonesAndFactions = self:SubZonesAndFactions()

self:GetRacialRep()
			if db.watchedRepID == 1216 then
				db.watchedRepID, db.watchedRepName = self:GetRacialRep()
				self:Print(L["You have joined the faction %s, switching watched saved variable to %s."]:format(A or H, db.watchedRepName))
				self:SwitchedZones()
			end
		end
	end
	if A or H then
		self:UnregisterEvent(event)
	end
end
Looks like CitySubZonesAndFactions is also affected by this bug, but is not accessible by this function because the local is defined later in the file.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 11-24-21 at 02:41 AM.