View Single Post
08-21-10, 12:23 PM   #74
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Riddrick View Post
To bored,to drunk...eeeee no i
can still stand on my feet. ....

.... I have no idea the point you are trying to make with this that pertains to this thread.

On topic:

Not too long ago (little over a month) my wife had her account hacked. She had not been playing for well over 5 months. Unfortunately she was also the leader of our main guild and a smaller one for alts. Needless to say they got EVERYTHING, guild banks and all.

Immediately after which I changed everything that was possible for my account. Dedicated email, an even more complex password. All the usual suspects. She has followed suit after she regained control of her account.

In the end as stated several times, aside from the above measures just simple good sense about you as you roam the dark reaches of the web will be one of the greatest tools at your disposal. Good software defenses are a must I feel as well.

I always hear from customers at work "I don't need such and such" to which I reply "When you receive prompts from your computer do you read them or simply click ahead/enter your password?" which is followed by silence and a guilty look.

This is where a good sense about what your doing on the web is the most important. Your defenses in terms of firewalls, anti-virus etc. are only going to take you so far. Make sure you read anything that pops up as a system prompt if you were not expecting it. If you are unsure what it does don't do anything and open a browser to look in to it. Alternately if your a smart phone user research is there.

Just use your head and don't be in such a rush to click that next button/enter a password to get to the end.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor