View Single Post
08-14-10, 07:03 AM   #69
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, I have been a victim myself, of being hacked, as well as my wife (twice for her).

She uses a mac, always has, after the first time, she began using a mac-only program called "Random PW Generator" you tell it the minimum and maximum length of PW and click a button.. it gives a bunch of letters and numbers randomly..

She doesn't buy gold or anything of that nature, and neither do I. We have better things to spend our money on. (in fact, from time to time, we cancel our wow account because we're gonna be short that month)

I use a simpler method of generating passwords, I open notepad, close my eyes, and type random keys. then I take the first 16 characters of it and voila, thats my password.

To this day, neither one of us can figure out how we got hacked..

I wasn't even playing wow when I was hacked. I was, however, playing the SC2 beta.. my wow account had been unused for about a month at that point. I was given a free month to be able to log in to check equipment and stuff.. but I didn't really check everything, as my characters are very spread out.

TL;DR: I feel yer pain.