View Single Post
08-09-13, 04:28 AM   #25
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Caellian View Post
But, i still don't understand why there's now both the testMode true or false and ManageGuild(true) or not.
There's not. You no longer do anything with the testMode flag yourself. You just call ManageGuild -- if you pass an argument that evaluates to true then it will actually promote/kick people, otherwise it will just tell you what it would do (test mode).

If you're asking why the testMode variable still exists, it's because you need to remember whether you're in test mode from one animation run to the next, which means you need a variable outside of the animation's OnFinished script. But it's strictly an internal flag -- as an API you just call ManageGuild with the appropriate argument (or not) and don't need to even know the variable exists.

Originally Posted by Caellian View Post
And i'm guessing finally: something weird happened today, i invited someone, he joined, and a second later this message came:"Action failed: PROMOTE PlayerX 7".
Sounds like it's working as intended -- if an action fails for whatever reason (eg. if the server ignored your request to promote someone at the same time you invited someone) you don't want to just keep trying the same action over and over forever, so the loop will stop itself until the next GUILD_ROSTER_UPDATE triggers another pass.