View Single Post
09-24-23, 03:03 PM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Code isn't functioning in WoD zones

RepByZone's code should either set the watched faction to the combat ally/bodyguard or Stormwind/Orgrimmar if the player has no bodyguard.

With testing, I know that the variable bodyguardRepID contains data for the character with a bodyguard, and nil for characters without a bodyguard. However, the print statement on line 627 of Core-Retail.lua isn't doing anything when I am in my garrison or any WoD zone. Nothing gets printed. The entire line doesn't fire, and I don't know why.

It fires for every other location I've tested, just not any WoD zones.

Attached is the full zip, which contains non-retail files. Those are working, although I'll be streamlining them later. But the non-retail files aren't the issue.

I'd appreciate any bright ideas or insight into why WoD zones are different and what is (not) going on when I go to them.

Thank you.

EDIT: not only is line 627 not firing in WoD zones, the variable watchedFactionID is not a number, so the watched rep bar gets cleared, regardless of whether having a bodyguard or not. The watched faction isn't even Stormwind or Orgrimmar.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RepByZone.zip (237.7 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by myrroddin : 09-24-23 at 03:15 PM. Reason: More debug testing information