View Single Post
12-18-21, 11:38 AM   #6
RogueEugor
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wow, that's fantastic. Thank you for explaining all of that. I can't see it, so I didn't understand what all the APIs were for. It does make a lot more sense now though.

You said that it is possible to create my own quest frame to have complete control over? I think this might be a little more what I am looking for. For the moment, I want to be able to create a table that contains all of the quests I have accepted, then retrieve the information for each of those quests, so their names, quest giver, quest description, quest objectives, quest progress, then be able to review those with either some dedicated keybindings to navigate the table, or slash commands. Later, being able to explore quests based on what zone I'm in would be handy. I'm confident I can manage the keybinding navigation stuff once I have a table of data I can manipulate that contains all my quest information. I don't really understand frames though. I thought they were UI elements? Would there be no way to get this information without creating another window on the screen?

Also, to #4, I'm aware of the German addon, but it's for classic as I understand it. It also doesn't use the built in TTS functions. Though I do plan on taking a look at it to try and see if I can come up with a better way of navigating. I've managed to set up a command that allows me to check my zone location and coordinates. I also have an idea of how I can keep track of distances covered with some audio queues, since right now there's no way to know if you're actually moving or stuck behind a rock or a wall or something without sight. Right now, I can retrieve my own corpse if I die by checking my coordinates before I release, and then retracing my way back by referencing my current coordinates. It's slow going if I'm trying to do it by myself, but it works. However, I still need to learn how the mapping functions work to develop something more efficient, and less time consuming.

Some additional functionality I've appended to the addon is the ability to track your target's health in real time. Whenever you switch to a new target, it will announce that target's name and health percentage. Every three seconds it'll announce an update of the target's health percentage if it has changed since the last time it announced. I'll be working on a way for it to keep track of your party's health as well. I think if I can manage it for parties I can manage it for raids, but baby steps.

Also, yes, please more advice.