View Single Post
02-08-15, 06:16 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know... I am using the release version of Carbonite, and the icons on the map(s) work the same way they have for a while now (how long I don't actually know). To get the icon for the mail box, you have to right-click the minimized map and choose "Show..." from the menu, then in the next menu you have to make sure there is a check mark in the box for "Show Guide POIs". That's the only way I've found that does it. Maybe the maps have to be merged for it to show up on Carbonite's maps. The "Guide" "Common Place"s page is to show you where the closest one, of the kind you click on the icon for, is. Highlighting them does nothing, as far as I can tell. There used to be a text file that came with Carbonite.... It still does! It's in the "Docs" folder and it's called "CarboniteReadMe". It's out of date, but mostly still good. Take a look through it (it's a long one).

If you think Blizzard's minimap is too small when merged with the Carbonite map, do an experiment. Merge the maps and make the Blizzard minimap 100% visible (using the right-click menu - "Minim..."). Then go on a quest. You'll go nuts watching the Blizzard minimap re-size itself constantly. I don't know why it does that, but it does. You say
The merged Blizzard Minimap cannot be resized by users.
. No, it can't. That's because it's being constantly re-sized by the Carbonite addon. I think it has to do that for some reason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MinimizedMap-right_click.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	8489

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-08-15 at 06:19 PM.