View Single Post
07-16-10, 06:59 AM   #211
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SabinDeus View Post
Hey Cairenn, I would just like to say that despite the fact that I generally prefer Curseforge's features and site layout to WoWI, the transparency and class with which you guys are handling the beta key giveaway is pretty impressive compared to them. Now I just feel dumb for having not updated my addon on WoWI in like, months. Luckily this has spurred me to correct that oversight.

Cheers!

--Sabin
I'd have to disagree as well. I know it's your opinion. The color choices used by Curse and CurseForge and the fact that everything is so ridiculously cluttered causes me to get frustrated with Curse altogether. The way the comments are handled are annoying and the fact that searching for an addon is a chore in itself makes curse my least favorite website.

Curse's version of a centralized location to view all comments is cumbersome at best. I have to click on several links and skim through several pages to get anything done. When upload or maintaining an addon, I have to go through several tabs and pages to do the same thing I can do in ONE page on WOWInterface.com.

The simplistic layout and design of WOWInterface.com suites my needs. They did a great job! Searching for an addon and viewing addons in simplistic categories is great! Their sorting is simple and so is their ranking system. The addon pages are very simple with comment tabs and such to prevent cluttering.

That's not to say that Curse has its uses and positives, which it does. I just find the overall cluttered mess and color scheme to be frustrating at best.

Overall I give WOWInterface.com a 10

if (sizeof(sadness) > sizeof(happiness)) { initDepression(); }