View Single Post
04-29-09, 04:21 PM   #43
ryan odets
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Falter View Post
Every person that switches to Curse's client is going to be highly unlikely to return even after your updater is finished and that's bad for revenue (but good for bandwidth?!?). People are sheep and they are being herded to Curse and they will stay there until the grass is gone just like they did with WoWAce and now WoWMatrix. In the meantime, you might have pretty green pastures, but nobody's coming to graze. And it won't matter that Curse's grass is half astroturf.
Seeing as how curse just released the premium service today I think this quote is and should be reread. Honestly I think Curse knew WOWI's updater was months out and wanted to try and get as many people to "buy" the premium service. So they came up with a plan to get WOWI onboard and shut down WOWMATRIX. Call me what you want but honestly it seems fishy to me.

I allready did the right thing and upgraded my membership to premium for the WOWI once it comes out. Not a question there. I almost went and upgraded my curse client but then I said whoa..wtf? Its been two weeks and now the release version is ready? Oh come on you money hungry twats. I aint given squat to curse. Just a side note, last year my older brother had his account hacked. We traced the culprit to a hunter mod he dl from curse. Contacted them told them what we found, even showed them the virus scan and the online scan. Never heard a thing from them. About a week later the mod was gone and couldn't even find a deep link no where. Did they ever send a email saying sorry? NOPE.

Now I sent a pm to the owner here explaining my frustration in the cutoff move. Within the hour I received a pm back and even some information on how to make updating a bit easier. I was directed here when bc launched and I have always came here to find new mods when looking for something in particular. I will be coming back for a long time.