View Single Post
04-05-19, 08:51 PM   #19
ryoriot
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Annika View Post
If anyone feels like a challenge, the arrow is now back and refusing to leave without taking the quest log with it. Any support much appreciated, as always! (Side note: I can't believe this thread is 4 years old. What a long, strange ride it's been, and still Blizzard hate me and insist on forcing that stupid arrow into my life, why?!)
I haven't solved your problem exactly. But I have a solution that might be good enough:

First I installed this mod: Classic Quest Log

Then I made this macro:
Code:
/run hooksecurefunc('SetSuperTrackedQuestID',function(questID) if questID ~= 0 then SetSuperTrackedQuestID(0); end end);
/run SetSuperTrackedQuestID(0);
That's a single line for each /run.

Now, I'm hiding the quest-log that follows the map. And I'm using the Classic Quest Log instead. This quest log will not be hijacked by the script running from the macro. I run this once per session (or after a /reload – that command will remove the effect of the macroed script aswell).

Alternatively you could create a map and quest log-addon from the default blizzard map and quest-log, and simply remove any checks to SuperTrackedQuestID to get rid of the hijacking, but I haven't bothered doing that.