View Single Post
07-14-15, 11:24 AM   #7
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Bronzeborg View Post
you are all wrong. i want carbonite to remove the old"paper" maps. and ONLY use the "actual" from above maps, that you see in minimaps.
There is only 1 Minimap and that one is Blizzard's. (It's the one you see in the upper right-hand corner of your screen -- unless you have it "Merged" on top of Carbonite's larger view map?).

Blizzard has its own "Main Map" - the large one (which is the one displayed by default when you press the "M" key on your keyboard -- UNLESS you have also installed "Carbonite Maps" (Carbonite's required module)! If you installed the Carbonite addon, then you'll have to hold down the <Alt> key then tap the "M" key on your keyboard to view Blizzard's Main Map. Or, as mentioned before, you can mess with the Key Assignments.

Carbonite has only 1 map but, it can be viewed in 2 different sizes: a smaller view or a larger view. The Carbonite smaller view is NOT a "Minimap", even though some people call it that by mistake, which leads to much confusion.

I believe I have stated this correctly. If not, maybe someone will correct me? I'm just trying to help by clarifying terminologies hopefully, to prevent more confusion.

Note: There are no "paper" maps in Carbonite.

Last edited by Kreelor : 07-14-15 at 04:23 PM.