View Single Post
05-30-09, 09:11 PM   #36
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
For the record, I've been digging around a bit and still haven't seen specific mention that Firefox would be affected from this .Net service pack and I have access to OEM partner resources.
I posted a link above which gave that very information, why'd you go digging and, beyond that.. how did you not find it when you did? It's the text in the "overview" of the download page for the questionable component being discussed.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-6383ba034eab

BTW, yes I do go to the MS site and read details before installing service packs from MS. Service packs, by their very nature, usually have a long laundry list of what is in them. This means they can impact alot of different things if there are any issues. MS has, in the past, released bad service packs that screw things up for a lot of users. Most of the time, however, I do not NEED the service packs, as I have installed all of the individual updates that were bundled into the service pack.

I certainly do make sure I know what any SP is supposedly going to do, in detail, before installing it. But no, I wouldn't expect most users to be that anal, you are right on that account. They probably should be though...

I agree in terms of Silenia being helpful though. It's how most users get information like this in the absence of doing the research/reading themself. And in that, it is effective. Despite the fact you probably think I'm being argumentative, part of the reason for my participation in this thread is to get it noticed. Just plain old "bumps" are boring.

Last edited by stormkeep : 05-30-09 at 09:22 PM.