View Single Post
03-08-08, 05:23 PM   #26
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Even if you're not doing it, just to somehow try to learn and be able to answer if the problem is asked someday, I would still argue that taking a screenshot or copy-pasting things is different. It's not really a third party program that does it, it's a service that is part of your operation system.

Also, it may not intercept information FROM the service (as you argued, the information can be considered from the screen, even if I think it's a bit weak legally, as it's still information that belongs to the game), it's still gathered THROUGH the game. I mean, whatever you do, if you make a scheme from your brain to your IM program, at some point, there is WoW. The information transits via your nerves to your fingers, to your keyboard, to your motherboard, to your proc, generates an interruption that is handled by world of warcraft, produces a change in the gfx's pixels configuration using world of warcraft's code, and is intercepted by your OCR soft, which itself transmits its data to your IM program. WoW is part of this chain, while you're not allowed to use a third party program (the OCR) to collect information (your instant message) through the program (WoW).