Thread: SellJunk
View Single Post
09-27-07, 12:34 AM   #8
Spiderkeg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Red face

Originally Posted by gruv
Well, there is good news and bad news.

The good news is that I've found a relatively simple way to show how much you've made selling your "junk" at each session.

The bad news is that there is no way to get WoW to tell you that information, so it requires a dependency with a "database" of prices for items.

I'm not sure where to go with this. On one hand, it's a nifty feature to have. On the other hand, this is starting to resemble feature creep. SellJunk is supposed to be a tiny addon, not a do-it-all type thing.

So do I implement it or not? I'd like to get some more feedback from some of the people using it. Would having a dependency on one additional addon (ItemPrice-1.0) cause you to stop using SellJunk? Would having the amount of gold made display in chat make you more likely to use/keep using SellJunk?
The mod "Sell O Matic" does exactly what your mod does, and it also prints to general chat the amount obtained by the selling of all items. I don't believe there is a database involved. However, since SellOMatic doesn't involve Ace, I'm sure this mod isn't as small and resource friendly as yours most likely is. I would prefer to use an Ace mod.

I would encourage you to download SellOMatic and stroll through the code. Sadly, I can't quite pinpoint what the author is doing, but it does look like he's tapping into some commands which might already be inherent to the LUA code.