View Single Post
06-12-05, 05:21 PM   #39
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Beladona
... you might even consider just adding this to the default blizzard bars, or using something similar to my code to tie the skinning and default blizzard buttons into a single standalone addon.
DiivSkins skins them now with a pseudo static image. All I did was parent the frame that held the texture to blizzards frames, then viola. When you enable the bars, you have them skinned. You can disable or adjust the number of slots you display using the MoveAnything interface. Not Ideal, but it worked. Of course... It wouldn't work if you could re-arrange the way the bars were oriented...

I've kinda tabled the bars for the moment, curious what you have in mind for the button by button rendering. I played around with it, but I always ended up making a baziliion frames in the XML again, something I was trying to avoid this time around.

I couldn't do nothing though, so I spent the afternoon playin with endcap images. ( clicky for a jpeg of the targa )

Now, my first inkling is to replicate the coding for the bars to implement these. Basically, DS_CapTextureOnEvent, DS_CapTextureOnUpdate (capid), etc. I would think ultimately, I would have a whole new series up [cap1=x] type entries in my DiivSkinSettings variables.

Way I figure it, each endcap frame I put together could have up to 32 steps (16 128x128 textcoord references, plus a mirror of each) per slider if I finish off that targa. I thought that was pretty cool, I'm kinda excited to see them in game.

I'm pretty confident what I described above would work code wise, but I assume there's a better way? Can I still leech off the original functions some way with the totally new targa reference?

Also, another thing to consider here is how to work a simple SetTexture (rather than TexCoords) into the variables for the default endcaps, if they're visible. I'm guessing that would need a new function as well, and it might be able to be made more universal .. for getting names of other textures that we might want to reskin in the future... But I'm getting ahead of myself. Mostly I'm just curious the best route to work in these "auxiliary" endcaps.

Any advice before I stop copy-pasting pixels and start copy-pasting code?