View Single Post
06-01-21, 09:34 PM   #1
Walkerbo
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Getting achievements, profession and pet links on hover

Getting achievements, profession and pet links on hover

Hi all
I am writing an addon that will allow the user to set phrases that can be sent to trade chat.

I want to be able to link pets, mounts, toys and mounts to sell or buy; link achievements to be completed, gear to sell or buy and my profession links to trade.

I have an edit box for string entry and I want to be able to hover over the mount, pet, achievement, appearance, toy, etc. and a link to my profession and click to insert it into the edit box.

I have worked out how to drag and drop mounts and gear into the edit box however only for those items that I have already collected; also for some reason, I have not been able to add a pet even when I can drag and drop it into the edit box.
I can drag and my tailoring profession yet it only links the tooltip not the profession window link.

For appearances, heirlooms and achievements I cannot drag them at all.

How do I insert links into an edit box from a hover click, especially those things that do not even have a tooltip, (eg. Achievements), the profession link and items that I have not yet collected?