Thread: GUI's
View Single Post
05-27-05, 09:58 AM   #20
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I finished the Dreamweaver Extension. I was thinking about submitting it for download here, if you think that would be appropriate Cairenn? It isn't an AddOn for WoW as much as it is a tool for budding developers to get syntax highlighting for LUA in Dreamweaver. This extension is for Dreamweaver MX+ (MX and MX 2004)

It does proper code coloring for LUA basic functions, as well as WOW API (Widget and GLobal).

Known Issues --------------------
Code Hints are not currently active. The next release will have this. Main reason is that I want it to work properly with both LUA, and LUA inside of XML. This will take some experimenting / perfecting on my part before releasing it.

Comments that use the format --[[ comment ]]-- are not currently being colored as a comment. This is because the Dreamweaver format for defining comments in the code coloring definitions uses CDATA. Those that know, <![CDATA[]]--]]> is not valid markup, so therefore I cannot define the closing brace for this type of comment. If anyone knows a way to get it to work, let me know! Regular -- comments will work as intended however.

LUA code inside of XML is not color coded. I am still playing with getting LUA code coloring side of regular xml files. This will hopefully be in the next version.

http://0ctavius.com/site/download.php?id=2

Unfortunately I don't see a category that I could upload it to on this site, so I guess I will have to host it on my own site above, unless we can somehow get a Tools Category or something...

Last edited by Beladona : 05-27-05 at 10:37 AM.