Thread: GUI's
View Single Post
05-26-05, 02:04 PM   #12
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Beladona
you are trying to think of it in terms of the way EQ handles UI structure. There you can have multiple elements in a single art file, and you must tell it the rect points within that file to locate the image you need. WoW however uses a single image file for most if not all elements. The size of your image is what it goes by, and you can define a separate size (that is scales to) within the XML or LUA.
Okay, but, that doesn't completely make sense. Using the main menu bar as my example:

There are four sections there. You can't just tell the program to load that file, you have to tell it where each section starts, the length and width of it, and where it goes in relation to the rest of the sections ... right?

/edit And I would by far rather create all new graphics and the appropriate files to support them, then tell the game to ignore the defaults and use my stuff instead, as that would mean being able to stay away from the FrameXML files ( Bad Idea(tm) ). Even if I were to use some of the existing graphics, I'd rather re-define where and how it is used, same reasoning.

As I said ... the programing in WoW's UI is making me feel incredibly stupid. Swahili. =/

Last edited by Cairenn : 10-01-09 at 07:42 PM.